“Project management is the application of processes, methods, skills, knowledge and experience to achieve specific project objectives according to the project acceptance criteria within agreed parameters. Project management has final deliverables that are constrained to a finite timescale and budget.
A key factor that distinguishes project management from just ‘management’ is that it has this final deliverable and a finite timespan, unlike management which is an ongoing process. Because of this, a project professional needs a wide range of skills; often technical skills, and certainly people management skills and good business awareness”.
Definition from APM Body of Knowledge 7th edition
At nom@d learning, we have been involved in a number of projects which have been successfully delivered using various methods.
This page links to several useful videos and tutorials you may find invaluable. Click on the links below to discover more…
Explore the basics of project management, from building a project plan to managing progress.
- Identify the definition of project management.
- Explore the similarities and differences between traditional and agile project management.
- Determine how organizational structure affects projects.
- Explore the fundamentals of analyzing project stakeholders.
- Examine the best ways to identify a project goal.
- Determine the best ways to choose a strategy.
- Examine strategies to gather requirements.
- Identify the fundamentals of developing a project budget.
- Distinguish the best ways to craft a quality plan.
- Conclude the best steps to take when determining the processes for procuring resources.
Learn how to recognise and apply appropriate ethical standards to your project management process.
- Describe three ethical values used in project management.
- Identify three strategies for showing regard for time and brainpower when communicating.
- Explain the consequences of violating a mandatory ethical standard put forth by PMI.
- Summarize the characteristics of PMI’s aspirational standards.
- Determine whether a situation provides evidence for an aspirational standard.
- Recognize three common challenges present during projection initiation and planning.
Learn an easy 10-step process to manage the requirements for any project.
Proactively manage project schedules, resolve schedule conflicts, shorten timeframes, and reduce costs.
Learn how to manage your project’s budget—a foundational knowledge area from the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®).
Explore tools leaders can use to assess the character traits of team members and manage the development of teams.
Learn communication strategies to help you keep your projects on track. Create a communication plan, effectively manage project meetings, and write concise reports.
Learn how to identify stakeholder needs and expectations, both explicit and implicit, and build and sustain engagement.
Get quick answers to your most urgent Project questions. These one-minute tips help you work more efficiently in Microsoft Project, the popular project management software.